OK, this is it. We have 29 days to get ourselves together, put our stuff in boxes and get ourselves into the new house. The notice is in the rent box and there’s no turning back now.
Here’s our To Do List with just a few weeks left:
- Decide and purchase ceiling mounts
- Order cork floors for kitchen and 2 bathrooms
- Sort out our home loan stuff
- Make and/or buy 3 bathroom vanities
- Decide on interior paint colors
- Purchase a stove, dishwasher and garbage disposal
- Buy a mailbox
- Forward mail and our 300 magazine subscriptions
- Go through our clothes, cds, books and furniture and get rid (sell or giveaway) of what we don’t need.
- Eat as much of the food in our pantry as possible
- Decide on what other built-in features we want (bookshelves)
- Set up water/sewage/garbage, electricity and gas accounts
Our Dadtractor’s To Do List:
- Finish house
DPD inspector (you know who you are):
- Show up for inspections
- Issue “pass” for inspections
Oh yeah, besides our To Do List above, we have to actually do our regular job and prepare for the holidays. No sweat right?
In addition to the lists we just shared, we also have some updates.
- We started putting together design/color palettes for different rooms
- We officially have permission to build a 6’x17’ deck off the living room
- Insulation starts tomorrow. We’re that close. Just insulation (then inspection), drywall (then inspection), floors, kitchen cabinets and appliances, priming, painting, lighting instillation and a final inspection and we’re done. OK, that’s a lot, but we’re told it will go fairly fast. They can insulate an entire house in a day and a half.
Anyone want to help? We have lots to do and not much time to do it in.