A few months back, I told you about the band room.
It was one of the unique parts of our house which really made it something special and told you about who we were and what we liked.
Over the past few weeks, as Catherine has been abroad, I’ve been working on finishing out the band room. After some minor crises involving flooring (or lack thereof) I finally finished it last weekend.
We used some 3/8” interlocking rubber floor tiles (from Rubber Flooring Inc.) for the majority of the space. The idea with this flooring is that I won’t be scratching wood floors with amps, basses, and chairs for the band when they come over to practice. Ideally, you fit them together really easily, but we had to customize them a bit to make them fit. I think it actually turned out really well:
The installation was also fairly easy after the initial cutting, just used some of the supplied Flor Dots. Very cool stuff.
The rest of the room has been scattered around our house in one place or another so after about 47 trips up and down our stairs, I’ve located most of the music room boxes.
I created a little listening center:
The rest of the room is storage for my instruments. I’m still figuring out if I want them all out or not, there is a closet on the other side of the listening center where I can store stuff when the band is over for practice.
My next step for this room is to try and soundproof a bit more. There is significant soundproofing in the walls and on the floor and ceiling, but I want to make some window plugs to avoid as much sound bleed as possible; and I’ll also need some interior soundproofing to try and make the room a bit more “dead.” The whole thing is moving along nicely. Now, if I only had more time to practice!