Last year I had a list of projects I wanted to get done. This list of projects. We didn’t make much progress.
1. The Front Door - Well, we got it started and were on track to finish it by the end of the year but then the break-in happened and the door needed other repairs.
2. A Map – The idea was for there to be a map where we could mark where we’ve been and guests could mark where they are from. I bought a map and of course haven’t hung it yet.
3. A Strawberry Container – I did inherit one from my parents but didn’t clean it up or paint it. If I make it a priority for the next few months, it could be ready to host a few plants in the spring. This one is green but I’m thinking something different.
4. Bookends – I keep looking for ideas or ones I like but can’t find anything in my price range.
7. Cork Rain Mat – I sort of gave up on this idea and just bought a mat. I know, DIY failure.
8. Origami Decor – I still really want to do this. I almost brought some paper on this trip so I could fold in the evenings but then decided that my creations would get crushed in my luggage.
So on top of the seven above I want to finish, I have a few new ones I want to start.
1. The Wedding Quilt – I bought all this great black, white, grey and yellow fabric for table runners at our wedding with the intention of using them to make a wedding quilt. I don’t know how to quilt so I am hoping to start learning this year and at the very least get the cutting done.
2. Doily Pillow – I’ve showed you this before but after my success with the doily table runner and bowl, I’m feeling good about my chances with this project.
3. Ornaments – We received some really lovely holiday cards this year which I’m hoping Micah hasn’t thrown out. Instead of tossing them, I wanted to use some of them to make an ornament or two. I was thinking it could be a new tradition.
4. Felt Planter – I want to make this SO BAD. I even know where I’d hang it.
5. Plasti Dip Flowers – Micah put some Plasti Dip in my stocking 2 years ago. I’ve been experimenting with it by trying to make rubber tipped hangers (so my dresses don’t end up on the floor). I saw this image on Apartment Therapy and had one of those, “why didn’t I think of that,” moments. I want to try this with fake flowers or some branches I find.
I have more things I’m contemplating but I don’t overwhelm myself by posting them all in one entry. Right now the door is the priority and then probably the strawberry planter. I’ll probably end up making the holiday card ornament first otherwise I’m sure the card will get tossed.
Any fun craft projects on your 2011 agenda?