Are you ready for a throwdown?! We participated with Kelsey and Morgana of Fellow Creatives in lamp redo throwdown.
Here are the rules:
- Find a challenger that wants to participate in the Design Throwdown (in this case us). You can either compete one on one or in teams.
- Agree on timeline, budget (if necessary) and home décor item to redo. Items must be similar in size, style and quality (examples: mirror, bookshelf, chair, etc).
- Document the process, including before and after photos.
- Get as creative as possible and, think outside the box. You want to win, right??
- Start the throwdown! Have fun!! And good luck!
Team 1 : US
Lamp – $7 from Craigslist including delivery to our front door
Paint – we had it already
Glass globe – we had it from an old chandelier
plants, dirt, rock – from our garden
Team 2: Kelsey and MorganaBudget Breakdown
Lamp – $8 from Goodwill
Stencils – They already had
Paint: Gold-$2, White-they already had
Stencil sponge brushes-$1
Kelsey and Morgana went for the more traditional but very cool redo while we went for something a little unexpected. I think both projects came out great.
Voting closes on Thursday at 8pm. May the best project win!!